Archive of News from the IUPsyS web site
Also see the IUPsyS Monthly Bulletins for additional information
The News Archive is listed with most recent News first
- We are saddened to announce the death of Professor David Bélanger, past Treasurer of the Union from 1976 to 1992 and honorary member of the Executive Committee. Professor Bélanger, who was 92, died on 18 April. Brief biographical details are available here.
- The Psychological Society of South Africa invites nominations for Editorial Board of the South African Journal of Psychology (SAJP). Deadline 31 May.
- IUPsyS receives funding support from ICSU Grant Scheme for new project: Building Individual and Organizational Capacity for Psychological Intervention after Disasters in the Asia and Pacific Region.
- ICSU is co-sponsoring the 3rd World Conference on Research Integrity, to be held in Montreal, Canada, May 5th to 8th.
- ISSC announces World Social Science Fellows: 20 early career scientists have been selected as the first ever World Social Science Fellows. From 25-30 March 2013, the Fellows will meet in Quito, Ecuador, to work on creative, interdisciplinary perspectives on sustainable urbanization.
- Cape Town Declaration: three workshops (Accra in April; Johannesburg in September; Kampala in November) to consider formation of the Pan-African Psychology Union.
- Report of IUPsyS Workshop: Disaster and Bereavement. The three-day workshop was held in Tbilisi, Georgia, in November 2012, and focussed on the countries of Central Asia.
- IUPsyS Newsletter volume 11(2) published.
- End of year message from IUPsyS President Saths Cooper: Video version / Text only version.
- Nominations for TWAS-Celso Furtado Prize: The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (TWAS) invites nominations for its 2013 Social Sciences Prize. The prize winner will be a scientist who has made an outstanding contribution in both understanding and addressing social sciences disciplines and who has worked and lived in a developing country for at least ten years immediately prior to the nomination. Deadline for nominations is 28 February 2013
- Nominations for Wiley Prize in Psychology, for Lifetime Achievement by an international scholar. Nomination deadline 31 January 2013
- Jobs at International Science Council (ICSU): (1) Future Earth Interim Director, to lead the programme during the transition phase to it becoming fully operational in 2014 (deadline 15 February); (2) Science Officer, to assist with the planning and implementation of ICSU's initiatives (deadline 17 February).
- IAAP announce The First IAAP School on Applied Cognitive Research, to be held in Paris, France, 8-11 April 2013. The school is intended for international PhD students and is also appropriate for interdisciplinary postdoc and advance undergraduate participants. Deadline extended to 24 February 2013
- Association for Psychological Science (APS). Discounted registration (50%) for the 2013 APS Convention for attendees outside North America: Register with Discount Code INTL13DC. Deadline 31 Jan 2013
- International Congress of Psychology 2012: Abstracts and electronic posters available on-line. Details here
- ICP 2016: First announcement
- Past President Rainer K Silbereisen to serve on Scientific Programme Committee for the World Social Science Forum. Details of the Forum
- ISSC has announced Calls for Applications for Early Career Scientists to become involved in two initiatives:the World Social Science Fellows Programme, and the ISSC/ICSU/DFG Young Scientists Networking Conference
- Publications and Communications Programme: Request for Proposals. IUPsyS has issued a Request for Proposals from publishing companies to contibute to the Union's publications objectives
- ISSC has issued a call for nominations for the 2013 Foundation Mattei Dogan and the International Social Council Prize, awarded for excellence in interdisciplinary research. Deadline 14 December 2012
- Saths Cooper elected President and Tor Levin Hofgaard elected Vice-President. Details here
- Other Assembly outcomes: New Officers; New National Members and Affiliates; Strategic Plan 2012-2016; Venue for ICP2020