Terms of Reference
- to consider the systems and structures of education for psychologists internationally
- to develop guides and standards for education and training in psychology
- to consider ways in which the work on the European Diploma in Psychology may be extended more widely
- to consider the feasibility of a more international curriculum and to take steps to develop this.
MEMBERS OF THE WORKGROUP
Janak Pandey, EC Member, CHAIR
Allan Bernardo, De La Salle University, Philippines
Jim Georgas, EC Member, Greece
Silvia Koller, Federal University of Rio Grande, Brazil
Ingrid Lunt, University of Oxford, UK
Martin Pinquart, Philipps University, Germany
Boris Velichkovsky, Russian Psychological Society, Russia
Fred Vondrack, Penn State University, USA
Ann Watts, EC Member, South Africa
country representatives to the workgroup
Activities at the International Congress of Applied Psychology, Melbourne, July 2010
The objectives are to present an overview of psychology education in different regions of the world, and to assess the nature and extent of training imparted to prepare psychologists for practice, and to describe standards of education and training. The symposium will provide an opportunity to share and learn for enhancing national/regional capabilities for developing and building capacity for quality psychological service, and will serve to raise awareness of education and training issues. Participants will include members of the Education Workgroup of the IUpsyS.
- Symposium: Psychology Education,Training and Practice around the world
There are a number of books, chapters, and journal articles that describe some aspects of the status of psychology in some selected parts of the world. However there is still limited information and no comprehensive picture of the status of psychology or psychology education and training. The IUpsyS Round Table is planned to facilitate communication with national/regional representatives to identify important issues and to develop a questionnaire to gather objective data regarding the status of psychology education, training, and practice. Such an overview will facilitate the development of a comprehensive approach for raising the quality of psychology education and service. Participants will include National Representatives nominated by the IUPsyS National Members.
- Round Table : Psychology Education,Training, and Practice