*National Overview - Sudan, 2008
This article is adapted from "Sudan National Tour" prepared by O. Khaleefa, 2008 ,which appeared in Wedding, D., & Stevens, M. J. (Eds). (2009). Psychology: IUPsyS Global Resource (Edition 2009) [CD-ROM]. International Journal of Psychology, 44 (Suppl. 1).
New trends in scientific and applied research in the country in the last four years include:
- (a) Gifted education
- (b) Psychology of peace
- (c) Cognitive applied psychology related to mental arithmetic
- (d) Indigenization of psychology
Major universities include:
The training of psychologists in the last fours years has included:
- (a) The organizing of national conferences of psychology for the first time in he country
- (b) The organizing of training workshops for psychologists in pre- and post-conferences
- (c) Participation of psychologists in regional and international training workshops
- (c) Designing of new postgraduate programs in applied psychology
- (d) The organizing of the first research group in the country
The Sudanese Psychological Society issues a biennial journal, now in its six year Journal of African Studies, published by Africa International University.
Updated August 2008