- Licensed Psychologist from the Psychology School of Ribeirão Preto – University of São Paulo – FFCLRP – USP (1970),
- Master’s degree and Doctor’s degree in Experimental Psychology from University of São Paulo (1973/1979).
- Post-Doctorate, Duke University, USA, (1987)
- Post-Doctorate, Johns Hopkins University, USA, (1987 – 1988)
- Post-Doctorate, Universitat Jaume I, Spain, (2010).
- Associate Professor for Ribeirão Preto Medical School – University of São Paulo, (FMRPUSP) since 1974 to present, working for the School Hospital at FMRPUSP,
- Regional Editor and Editorial Council member of the “Behavioral Medicine” periodical – Heldref Publications (1995 – 2013),
- “ad hoc” consultant for FAPESP – Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, and for CNPq – Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Científico e Tecnológico.
- WHO consultant in Geneva in 1995.
- Planning Secretary for the city of Ribeirão Preto –São Paulo State, 1993 – 1995.
- President (2014-2015, and reelected for the term 2016-2017) and member of the Brazilian Society of Psychology Council, having been 5 times President of Ribeirão Preto Society of Psychology – its predecessor.
- Highly experienced in the area of Psychology, mainly in Health Psychology, having worked chiefly on the following themes: Hospital Psychology, Health Promotion, Psychological Intervention, Public Health, and Community Psychology within the Cognitive Behavioral theoretical orientation.
Editorial Council Member: of 5 national and international scientific journals
“Ad-Hoc” Consultant: of over 20 national and international scientific journals
Full Articles in Scientific Journals: Over 60; Books: 3; Book chapters; 30
Advising Graduate Students:33 Doctorate and Master’s thesis and dissertations;
12 research trainees; 46 Psychologists trained for two years to work in Health Promotion at Community Level; 104 Psychologists trained for two years to work in Clinical Psychology at Hospital settings.
Other relevant information : Over 200 papers presented in conferences; 14 full papers published in conferences proceedings; 136 abstracts in conferences proceedings; 8 prizes and titles for scientific production.