About the Award
The International Union of Psychological Science’s (IUPsyS) Lifetime Career Award honours distinguished and enduring lifetime contributions to international cooperation and advancement of knowledge in the field of Psychological Science. The goal of the award is also to bring the work of such distinguished scientists to the attention of a broader audience and to promote the contribution of psychology as a discipline.
Presentation of the award will be at the 33rd International Congress of Psychology (ICP) in Prague, Czech Republic, July 2024. The awardee will also be invited to present an address at the Congress. Funds to cover travel and accommodation related to attending the award ceremony will be provided.
Nominations should include the following documents:
- a completed nomination form from a National Member
- a curriculum vitae and current contact details of the nominee(s), including a full list of publications, grants, and awards (maximum length 12 pages)
- a supporting statement from the National Member
- a maximum of three supporting letters of recommendation outlining the merits of the nominee from scientists familiar with the nominee’s research and theoretical writings.
The nomination from the nominating National Member should also address the following questions:
- What circumstances make this scientist/team eligible for this award?
- What are the general themes of the nominee’s research program?
- What important research findings are attributed to the nominee?
- What has been the significant and enduring influence of the research?
All information may be accessed online. Nominations should be submitted electronically to the IUPsyS Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please make the message subject header: 2024 IUPsyS Awards – Lifetime Career. Nominations should be received by October 01, 2023. Incomplete, nominations that do not follow the guidelines, and late nominations will not be considered.
Each award is considered by a separate independent global panel of distinguished psychological scientists and the process is overseen by the immediate Past President who establishes the panels. Nominations and decision-making are confidential to those panels.
The selection of awardees is made at least six months prior to the Congress. The selected award recipients will be informed and invited to attend the 33rd International Congress of Psychology (ICP2024) in Prague, Czech Republic, July 21-26, 2024. At ICP2024, the recipients will participate in awardee activities, including delivering an address at the Congress.
Only National Members can submit nominations for the Awards and the IUPsyS Secretariat is responsible for administration of the process.