Major Advancement in Psychological Science Prize
About The Prize
The Major Advancement in Psychological Science Prize was established in 2006 by the International Union of Psychological Science (IUPsyS), formerly denoted as Mattei Dogan Prize under the auspices of the Mattei Dogan Foundation.
The Prize was awarded for the first time to Professor Michael Posner on the occasion of the XXIX International Congress of Psychology (Berlin, Germany) in July 2008 (read article). It is awarded every four years thereafter at the International Congress of Psychology.
The Prize carries an honorarium of US $4 000. The Prize recipient will be invited to deliver a plenary scientific lecture at the International Congress of Psychology. Funds to cover travel and accommodation related to attending the award ceremony will be provided.
The Major Advancement in Psychological Science Prize is awarded in recognition of a contribution that represents a major advancement in psychology by a scholar or team of scholars of high international reputation. Preference may be given to scholars still active in scientific research. Persons who have served on the Executive Committee of IUPsyS are not eligible to be nominated for the Prize until five years after the end of their service on the Executive Committee.
Nominations may be for an individual or a research team. Nominations will be accepted from a national association of psychology, or by a group of at least four psychologists known for their work in the area of specialized research of the nominated psychologist or team.
Nominations must include:
- A completed nomination form (available below)
- A letter of nomination indicating the topic and nature of the nominee’s work, specifying the contribution/advancement to psychology by answering the following questions:
(a) Describe the important theoretical and empirical contributions and their impact on the field that are usually attributed to the nominee
(b) Compare the nominee with others in her/his field
(c) Describe the influences the nominee has had on students and others in the same field of study and on the discipline of psychology
- Curriculum Vitae of the nominee
- Four letters of support from scholars familiar with the nominee’s work
- A list of the nominee’s ten most significant publications
- Five reprints of the nominee’s representative work (preferably in electronic format)
Submission details are provided on the nomination form. Nominations are must be received no later than 31 May 2019. Late or incomplete nominations cannot be considered.
- Details of the Major Advancement of Psychological Science Prize
- Members of the Jury Panel
- Nomination form as a Word document
- Nomination form as a PDF document
Nominations will be evaluated by a Jury appointed by the Executive Committee of IUPsyS. The selection will be made at least six months prior to the Congress. The selected recipient will be informed and invited to attend the 32nd International Congress of Psychology in Prague, Czech Republic, July 2020, and to take part in Prize activities.