ICP2020 Rescheduled to 18-23 July 2021
Under the unique circumstances that all of us confront with the COVID-19 pandemic, ICP2020 - which was due to be held this July - has been rescheduled to 18-23 July 2021 at the same Prague Congress Centre.
This decision, not taken lightly, is intended to protect the >8000 participants and others involved, under the extraordinary prevailing conditions which our fragile world currently faces.
- Closely monitored the situation since the detection and spread of COVID-19 from early this year;
- Noted that there are severe restrictions on travel and gatherings worldwide;
- Empathy for and understanding of the concerns raised by some of the >8000 registered presenters;
- Recognised that this will be inconvenient and disappointing, but having evaluated the numerous factors associated with hosting the major quadrennial event in international psychology - our +130-year old ICP - as well as safeguarding all those attending ICP2020, including the many who are wittingly or otherwise associated with ICP2020;
- An abiding commitment to ensuring that ICP2020 occurs in a period that is more secure, safe and certain than in the current uncertainty;
- Concluded that postponement is unavoidable and that it is better to announce this earlier rather than later, keeping the same registration fees; and
- Rescheduled ICP2020 to 19-24 July 2021 in Prague, Czech Republic.
This decision has been taken after careful consideration of the unprecedented global circumstances we are all facing to safeguard the health and wellbeing of everyone involved and to ensure that you may actively participate at ICP2020 next year. For more information, please visit www.icp2020.com and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions that you may have.
We trust that you will join us in Prague 18-23 July 2021 for a psychology experience of a lifetime!